GRAND Mental Health GRAND Mental Health
spotlight spotlight

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have questions about GRAND Mental Health or any of our services, don’t hesitate to contact us. But first, check to see if we’ve already answered your question below.

  • No, GRAND Mental Health is not state operated. We are a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation. We have a contract with the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) to provide needed services for individuals meeting state guidelines for eligibility. We also accept Medicaid and Medicare insurance.

  • As of March 2022, we accept Medicaid, Traditional Medicare, SoonerCare, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, HealthChoice/PSI, Beacon, and Humana insurances. If your insurance is not listed here, please contact them directly. Ask about their mental health coverage and where you can receive these services. We do not discriminate in the provision of services based on ability to pay. Crisis and referral services are available to all, regardless of health care coverage.

  • We want to make sure that mental health care is available and affordable for everyone. Our sliding pay scale for our services is based on Federal Poverty Guidelines for household income and family size. Download the Sliding Pay Scale chart to see if your household qualifies for reduced fees for services. If you have any questions about the sliding pay scale, contact us at 918-273-1841.

  • Grand Mental Health provides a variety of services for adults and youth.

  • Our Mental Health Definitions lists signs and symptoms related to mental health and behavioral issues, disorders, terms and services.

  • You may find these external resources helpful.

  • We have been serving communities in Oklahoma since 1977. Learn more about our history.

  • To make an appointment, call 844.458.2100 or visit your local GRAND Mental Health clinic during normal business hours. Walk-ins are welcome. Visit our locations page to find a clinic near you.

    When you call or visit to set up an appointment, we will need:
    – Insurance card (if applicable)
    – Social Security numbers for each individual being seen
    – To speak with the person receiving services, per HIPAA privacy laws, or the person who has legal guardianship/custody of the minor receiving services

  • You should plan to bring these items on your first visit:
    – Medicaid card if applicable
    – Valid photo ID (except children)
    – Social Security card
    – Insurance card (if applicable)
    – For financial assistance: taxes, pay-stubs, divorce decree showing child – support or disability amounts, award letters or bank statements
    – For minors: If guardian is not biological parent, proof of guardianship must be presented (guardian should plan to be present during the first few appointments)

    For more information about your first visit, click here.

  • If you know your Social Security number, you may not need a replacement card.
    However, you can replace your Social Security card for free if it is lost or stolen. You are limited to three replacement cards in a year and ten during your lifetime. Learn more or start your application.

  • You should plan to be present for at least the first few appointments.

  • GRAND Mental Health is constantly growing, and we are always looking for talented and compassionate people to join our staff. You can see a full list of available positions on our  Careers page.

  • We do have programs that are CARF accredited. You may obtain a copy by writing to:
    GLMHC c/o Performance Improvement Director
    114 W. Delaware Ave.
    Nowata, OK 74048

  • A copy may be obtained by contacting our Client Advocate, Lissa James, at 918-273-1841, Ext. 3030. You can also obtain a copy by visiting any GRAND Mental Health clinic and asking the receptionist.

  • Yes. GRAND Mental Health is bound by many rules that require us to your treatment confidential. We will not release this information to other entities without a consent from you or your guardian. A few exceptions are listed in our HIPAA Privacy Notice.

  • You can do this a few ways:
    1. Tell your clinician, who will report the information to the Operational Director or GRAND Mental Health Privacy Officer.
    2. File a written complaint and give it to your clinician, the Operational Director or mail it to the GRAND Mental Health Privacy Officer at:
    GRAND Mental Health ATTN Privacy Officer
    12005 E 470 Rd
    Claremore, OK 74017
    3. Leave a message on the Corporate Complaint hotline: 918-273-1841, ext. 2555.
    4. Contact the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services and/or the Office of Civil Rights, DHHS. Call their toll free number at 1-800-368-1019 or visit their website.

  • Every individual we serve is guaranteed rights in relation to the GRAND Mental Health Client Bill of Rights and ODMHSAS Consumer Rights. If you believe your rights have been violated, or if you have a question or concern about your services, you may contact our GRAND Mental Health Client Advocate, Lissa James, at 918-273-1841, Ext. 3030. You will not be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint with GRAND Mental Health.

    However, you may wish to contact someone outside of GRAND Mental Health. ODMHSAS is dedicated to protecting the rights of those who receive its services. Promoting clients’ rights and interests is known as advocacy. To implement this important activity, the Department operates a Consumer Advocacy Division.

    How to Contact the Advocacy Division
    Advocacy Division
    P.O. Box 151
    Norman, OK 73070

  • You may report it through the GRAND Mental Health Corporate Compliance hotline: 918-273-1841, ext. 2555. You may report anonymously, but if you leave your name and phone number, we will be able to contact you if we have any questions regarding the complaint. You will not be penalized or retaliated against for filing a complaint with GRAND Mental Health.

    However, you may wish to contact someone outside of GRAND Mental Health. ODMHSAS has created the Office of Inspector General to promptly investigate allegations regarding violations of department policies, procedures, rules and regulations. If you are aware of any instances of employee misconduct or consumer abuse, neglect or mistreatment, please contact:

    ODMHSAS Inspector General
    2000 N. Classen Blvd. Ste. E600
    Oklahoma City, OK 73106
    405-248-9037 1-866-699-6605 (toll-free)

    If you are sending an email, please provide as much information as possible concerning the allegation, including:
    The names of the persons involved.
    Location(s) where the incident occurred.
    Details of the complaint (dates, times, etc.).
    Any other information that might be helpful in investigating the complaint.

    All information regarding the investigation will remain confidential.

  • For work-related concerns, call 918-273-1841 ext. 0 and ask for the appropriate staff. The policy states: “GRAND Mental Health shall provide a method by which employees are afforded the opportunity to present work-related concerns.”

  • You may call GRAND Mental Health at 918-273-1841 ext. 0 and ask to be directed to the appropriate staff.